ITI is a program of The Task Force for Global Health.
The Program Assistant supports the International Trachoma Initiative (ITI) program team by handling the logistics of domestic and international meetings, and conferences organized by ITI.
The Program Assistant will perform the below duties in collaboration with and in support of ITI staff:
- Coordinate the planning and logistics of the regional partnership meetings in East, Southern, and francophone West Africa
- Consult with vendors on travel and conference arrangements and support communication
- Assist in preparing the documentation necessary for the regional partnership meetings
- Assist with proofreading and editing of program documents, reports, letters, presentations and correspondence Compile information and prepare materials for reports and presentations
- Assist the program team in formatting meeting materials for the June Trachoma Expert Committee meeting
This is not an administrative support position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in a field related to the program and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong, demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet, and databases
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an international setting
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Work experience from a developing country is not essential, but a distinct advantage
- Proficiency in a second language is not essential, but an advantage
To apply for this position, please click here.