ITI is a program of The Task Force for Global Health.
Senior Program Associate
ITI is a partner in the global programme to eliminate trachoma as a public health problem. ITI supports the Global Programme through the donation of the antibiotic Zithromax® provided by Pfizer; data management; and advocacy through partnerships. An opportunity at ITI is an opportunity to work at the intersection of global health programs, policy, and advocacy.
Provide technical support to Ministries of Health and national programs so that they can:
- prepare their annual Zithromax® application, ensuring compliance with the donation criteria
- develop and carry out plans for SAFE implementation, including development of activity plans (including Trachoma Action Plans), timelines, and budgets
- scale-up the drug donation within existing program countries
- join the ITI program as new donation recipient countries
Manage the country drug requests through every step of the process, including but not limited to:
- using available prevalence data, pre-populating the Zithromax® donation requests prior to sending to applicant countries
- liaising closely with national program coordinators and implementing partners to maximize access to donated Zithromax®
- understanding challenges faced by national programs in order to advocate on behalf of the programs to implementing partners, donors, and ITI management
- advocating on behalf of the country at the twice-annual Trachoma Expert Committee meetings
- working with ITI supply chain team and national Ministries of Health to keep Memoranda of Understanding up-to-date
- working closely with ITI management and supply chain team to ensure the correct quantity of Zithromax® arrives at the right place, at the right time, every time
Plan and coordinate the Trachoma Expert Committee (TEC) meetings, including: drafting proceedings, developing the TEC book, ensuring applications are complete, liaising with TEC members, supporting the development of position papers, and assisting in drafting conclusions and recommendations
Support the integration of trachoma activities into other neglected tropical disease initiatives
Communications and Knowledge Management
- Prepare required materials for internal and external meetings, including forecasting meetings
- Prepare briefing materials for Director, Regional Director, and Deputy Director
- Contribute data and program information to global program reports
- Draft, proofread, and edit program documents, reports, presentations, correspondence, and content for communications materials
- Represent ITI at meetings and workshops through active participation, undertaking domestic and international travel
- Prepare trip reports and meeting reports in a standard format for inclusion in ITI’s permanent record
Donor and Partner Management
- Support the development and strengthening of partner relationships, including the International Coalition for Trachoma Control
- Assist with grant management, possibly including grant proposal writing, reporting on grants, establishing contracts, and reviewing reports on grants that ITI makes to partner organizations.
- Perform other ITI program-related duties as required
- Participate fully as a member of the Task Force for Global Health by contributing to, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in a field related to specified program areas and four years related program management experience, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Master’s degree in a field related to the program (e.g., MSc, MPH, MBA)
- 3-5 years of experience in international programs
- 2-3 years of work experience in low-income countries
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Proficiency in one of the following languages preferred: Amharic, Arabic, French, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: ARC GIS; bio-statistical methods (especially survey design and interpretation); business management
- Experience in partner relations
- High attention to detail and quality
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skill
- Ability to undertake domestic and international travel (15-25%), including weekends
TRAVEL: Domestic and international travel required (15-25%)
To apply for this position, please visit the Emory University's Careers page.
- Type "ITI" in the search engine and the ITI Program Associate, Sr position will show up.
- Please click the ITI Program Associate, Sr link and follow instructions to apply.