Nigeria at a Glance*
Target date for elimination of blinding trachoma: 2015
- Total country population: 158.3 million
- Known population at-risk: about 18 million
- People living with trichiasis: nearly 1.3 million
- Total number of districts: 774
- Number of confirmed endemic districts: 79
- Number of additional districts suspected to be endemic: 209
ITI's Commitment to Nigeria
ITI is supporting Nigeria in its efforts to achieve the elimination of blinding trachoma by the year 2015.
The Nigeria national program has received more than 4.7 million Zithromax® treatments since it began working with ITI in 2010.
In 2011, ITI and the Nigeria national program are targeting about 3.1 million people for treatment.
Map of districts targeted for Zithromax® distribution in 2011.
* Source: 2020 INSight